29/03/2012

Speaking

Practice topics
Speaking tasks
Speaking  questions

Part 2
Speaking topics - vocabulary
Part 2 topics with Part 3 follow up questions


Comment on the question
  • That’s interesting. I was watching a program about that last week
  • That’s a big problem today. I heard Sheikh Mohammed talk about that in a speech in Dubai.
  • Oh, that’s very difficult to predict! I don’t think anybody really knows what is going to happen.
  • Wow, that’s a tough question. It depends on your point of view.
  • Yes, I’ve often thought about that.
Relate the question to their own experience
  • That’s very important because I am getting married next month
  • That’s an interesting question because I work in computers, so I often wonder what the future of technology will be.
  • That’s a tough question because I am not an economist.
  • That’s funny -  the other day I was in Al-Ain and someone asked me the same question.
  • My kids often ask me the same question
Divide up your answer
  • Basically, there are three ways to look at this problem. One way is to imagine….
  • I think there are several ways to solve this problem. I think one way would be to…
  • It depends on how you look at it. For example, if you were a parent, you would have one opinion, and if you were a student, you might have another perspective.
  • I think two very different things will happen. First of all, there might be…
  • There have been several effects. One effect is that
  • I suppose you could break it up into two or three areas. First…
Use Modals
In the IELTS speaking test, Part 1 focuses on Present Tense, Part 2 on the Past, and Part 3 on the future and modals (can, could, might, may, etc.) You are expected to predict, guess, analyse, relate, suggest and evaluate (give your opinion) in this part.



No comments:

Post a Comment